About the business and the role
Beefcorp Australia is a family owned Wagyu beef company established for over 30 years.
We are seeking an experienced farm overseer for our farming property that includes a new 8,000 head feedlot in the Southern Riverina.
This is a great opportunity for a competent and reliable person to join our team with a variety of farm duties.
We are building a versatile team and operating various farm machinery will be required.
We are seeking someone who will embrace our company culture of teamwork, care for our people, cattle and farms in producing our premium branded Wagyu beef .
Job tasks and responsibilities
- Flood irrigation, electric fencing, plumbing and general farm duties.
- Movement of paddock cattle.
- Supporting cropping contractors.
- Silage stacks – preparation and maintenance.
- Operating tractors, slashers, telehandlers, front end loaders, on farm trucks, skid steer loaders, mixer wagons and other farm machinery.
- Maintenance including the use of chain saws & whipper snippers.
- Unload deliveries of hay and other commodities.
Skills and experience
- Experience with flood irrigation and silage production.
- Experience with electric fencing and farm tools.
- Experience with farm plumbing and water troughs.
- Experience with front end loaders, telehandlers, tractors and mixer wagons.
- A strong work ethic, self-motivation, and pride in your work.
- Willingness to learn.
- Team player and able to work with other company staff to ensure the farm operates to a high standard.
Job benefits and perks
Finley township is 15 minutes from the property.
Accommodation may be available on the property.
Working 10/4 roster.
How to apply
Please submit your resume and include at least 3 referees.