About the business and the role
Beefcorp Australia is a family owned vertically integrated Wagyu beef company established for 30 years. We are currently developing a “state of the art” 8,000 head feedlot in the Southern Riverina with exceptional cattle welfare, environmental management, and milling infrastructure.
This is an exciting opportunity for a motivated person who has feedlot experience to join our team.
We are building a versatile team and while your primarily responsibility will be stock work you will be required to work in other aspects of the feedlot and farming operation. This may include feeding cattle, milling and maintenance operations.
We are seeking someone who will embrace our company culture of teamwork, care for our people, cattle and farms in producing our premium branded beef.
Job tasks and responsibilities
- Livestock operations.
- Low stress handling of cattle with animal welfare a high priority.
- Ensure all activities are conducted with compliance to OH&S, NFAS & LPA.
- Induction, scanning and weighing of incoming and exit cattle.
- Pen riding/walking to identify cattle requiring treatment and administering animal health products.
- Reporting any maintenance issues and assisting with trough cleaning.
- Management of backgrounders including progress weighing, drafting and animal health treatments.
- Program heifers for synchronised AI programs if required.
- Maintain accurate data recording using StockaID and FY3000.
- General farm duties including maintenance, fencing, water infrastructure.
- Working 10/4 roster or other rosters as determined.
Skills and experience
- Knowledge, experience and passion for high standards of animal welfare.
- A strong work ethic, self-motivation, pride and keenness to get the job done.
- Willingness to learn.
- Knowledge of StockaID and FY3000
- Team player and able to work with other company staff to ensure the feedlot and backgrounder cattle integrates with other company operations.
- Above award wages.
- Accommodation is possible on the property.
- Finley township is 15 minutes from the property.
Please forward your Resume including 3 referees to firstname.lastname@example.org