About the business and role
Beefcorp Australia is a family owned vertically integrated Wagyu beef company established for 30 years. We are currently developing a “state of the art” 8,000 head feedlot in the Southern Riverina with exceptional cattle welfare, environmental management and milling infrastructure.
This is an exciting opportunity for a motivated professional to join our team to operate the mill, coordinate commodities ensuring adequate feeds for all rations and oversee the daily feeding of cattle.
We are building a versatile team and this is a hands on role including bunk calls, operating mixer wagons for feeding cattle and maintenance operations.
We are seeking someone who will embrace our company culture of teamwork, care for our people, cattle and farms in producing our premium branded beef.
Job tasks and responsibilities
- Operate the tempering & milling of barley to achieve quality and quantity targets.
- Ensure commodities are available and commodity sheds are stocked to meet daily requirements.
- Coordinate deliveries of all commodities.
- Operate weighbridge and ensure all deliveries meet quality standards.
- Coordinate bunk calls and any bunk shovelling.
- Coordinate feed delivery to pens.
- Operate loaders, telehandlers, tractors and mixer wagons.
- Ensure all activities are conducted with a Quality Assurance focus and compliance to OH&S, NFAS & LPA.
- Ensure all milling infrastructure is maintained in excellent working order.
- Ensure commodity sheds are maintained in a neat, tidy and hygienic manner.
- Conduct regular commodity and ration sampling.
- Maintain accurate data recording using FY3000 and Digistar.
- Working 10/4 roster or other rosters as determined.
Skills and experience
- Experience with tempering and milling operations.
- Understand the importance of consistent mixing and delivery of rations to cattle.
- Experienced with front end loaders, telehandlers and mixer wagons.
- A strong work ethic, self-motivation, pride and keenness to get the job done.
- Willingness to learn.
- Knowledge of FY3000 and Digistar.
- Team player and able to work with other company staff to ensure the feedlot operates to a high standard.
- A competitive package.
- Accommodation possible on the property.
- Finley township is 15 minutes from the property.
Please forward your Resume including 3 referees to firstname.lastname@example.org