About the business and role
Beefcorp Australia is a family owned vertically integrated Wagyu beef company established for 30 years. We are currently developing a “state of the art” 8,000 head feedlot in the Southern Riverina with exceptional cattle welfare, environmental management, and milling infrastructure.
The property also incorporates irrigated cropping, silage production and grazing of backgrounders.
This is an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated professional to assist the MD in the day-to-day management of the feedlot and property.
Utilize your experience in feedlot operations, animal husbandry, milling and pen management and join a progressive company with a highly successful branded beef program.
The plan is for the successful applicant to develop into the Feedlot Manager role for one of the highest quality feedlots in Australia.
A key consideration is a QA focus, a strong work ethic, leadership, teamwork, forward planning, a high level of communication, technological expertise, and professionalism.
We are seeking someone who will embrace our company culture of teamwork, care for our people, cattle and farms in producing high quality beef.
Job tasks and responsibilities
- Oversee running of all facets of a professional feedlot including animal husbandry, feed milling and ration delivery, commodity management, machinery, maintenance, pen cleaning and compost management.
- Maintain high levels of data recording and office management.
- Ensure the feedlot, machinery, infrastructure, and property are well maintained to a high standard.
- Lead the feedlot staff and ensure they work in a safe and productive manner with a QA culture.
- Supervise staff, manage rosters and ensure training to build a high performing team.
- Ensure the feedlot complies with NFAS, EPA and licensing requirements.
- Maintain and develop the Feedlot Standard Operating procedures and ensure a high level of OHS.
- Oversee the management of the cropping, silage and grazing program.
Skills and experience
- A professional approach to the operation of a feedlot with a high level of attention to detail and pride in your performance,
- Knowledge and passion for high standards of animal welfare.
- A strong work ethic, self-motivation and keenness to get the job done.
- Willingness to learn and adapt to modern standards of land, energy and environmental management.
- Knowledge of FY3000, Digi-Star, grain tempering and feed bunk delivery operations.
- Excellent communication with strong computer skills.
- Team player and able to work with other company staff to ensure the feedlot integrates with other company operations.
- Degree or equivalent qualification will be highly regarded.
- Minimum of 5 years quality feedlot experience.
- A competitive package including excellent accommodation on the property and a vehicle will be provided.
- Finley township is 15 minutes from the property.
Please forward your Resume including 3 referees to firstname.lastname@example.org